struts-dev mailing list archives

From "James Turner" <tur...@blackbear.com>
Subject Another bright idea, make "indexed" work with JSTL forEach and friends
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:26:34 GMT
As has been pointed out, about the only remaining reason to use
logic:iterate over c:forEach is that you can't use an html:text tag (or
friends) with an "indexed" property set, because it only looks for
logic:iterate on the page stack.

Now, it would be very simple (having peered at the source) to have the
html tags also look for JSTL iterators.  However, to make this work,
we'd need to add a dependency on jakarta-taglibs so that the class would
be available.

I don't think that this would break anything in terms of JSP version
support, since it wouldn't require evaluation of ELs, just looking up
the stack to see if we find a JSTL interator hanging around.

Opinions?

James
ICQ#: 8239923
More ways to contact me: http://wwp.icq.com/8239923