struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Galbreath" <mark_galbre...@qat.com>
Subject RE: Axis4Struts package names
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:06:58 GMT
I don't like the package name - too bulky and cheesy.  Why not something
elegant like org.apache.struts.axis?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Oliver [mailto:ollie@appsaspeers.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 2:08 PM

Before we start prototyping components for the marriage of Axis to Struts
why don't we decide on the package path.

It should be obvious IMHO that it should be related to the package path for
Struts but unique.

So I propose a root to the package path at:

org.apache.struts.axis4struts

Then if we decide to extend the ActionServlet it would be
org.apache.struts.axis4struts.AxisActionServlet

Or if we decide to extend the RequestProcessor it would be
org.apache.struts.axis4struts.AxisRequestProcessor

Then all the Axis generated component classes could be rooted at
org.apache.struts.axis4struts without any conflict as well.

Comments, suggestions, please?

Michael Oliver