struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Why struts is looked down upon...
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 02:57:54 GMT
AFAIK, people don't look down upon Struts.  This is the first I've heard of
it.  The arguments listed on that page are the most ignorant comments
possible.  Struts is a web implementation of MVC just as Swing is a
stand-alone implemenatation.  That's like saying, "Swing sucks because it
binds you to desktop apps, it should do web programming too".  Further,
Struts allows you to use any model implementation and any view technology
you like.

When you're trying to promote competing products one easy tactic is to act
like many people hate your competitor.  That seems to be what's going on
here.

David