struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Graham" <dgraham1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello, all.
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:07:01 GMT
Joseph,
I noticed you quoted me on your site but you left out the important point
that Struts has never and will never dictate a model or view layer
technology.  Struts gives you total freedom because at its core it's simply
an action controller.  The taglibs will be replaced by standards like JSTL
and JSF.

I had never heard of your site before someone posted it on this list and I
don't intend to visit it often.  Struts does not need a defense on your
site.  *You* need to actually build a meaningful app using Struts and then
make a judgement.  The only "defense" of Struts I'll offer is this:
Thousands of successful web applications have been produced quickly and
cheaply using Struts.  Struts is the most popular Java web MVC framework for
a reason.  I suggest you find out why.

I frankly don't care if some people don't like Struts; that's a matter of
personal preference.  I do care when it is misrepresented with ignorant
statements.

David