struts-dev mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/doc/userGuide struts-html.xml
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:00:05 GMT
>>>>> "dgraham" == dgraham  <dgraham@apache.org> writes:

    dgraham> dgraham     2002/12/23 17:45:15
    dgraham>   Modified:    doc/userGuide struts-html.xml
    dgraham>   Log:
    dgraham>   Updated info on tags.

    dgraham>   Revision  Changes    Path
    dgraham>   1.42      +6 -2      jakarta-struts/doc/userGuide/struts-html.xml

    dgraham>   Index: struts-html.xml
    dgraham>   ===================================================================
    dgraham>   RCS file: /home/cvs/jakarta-struts/doc/userGuide/struts-html.xml,v
    dgraham>   retrieving revision 1.41
    dgraham>   retrieving revision 1.42
    dgraham>   diff -u -r1.41 -r1.42
    dgraham>   --- struts-html.xml	13 Dec 2002 02:39:01 -0000	1.41
    dgraham>   +++ struts-html.xml	24 Dec 2002 01:45:15 -0000	1.42
    dgraham>   @@ -2288,6 +2288,8 @@
    dgraham>                    <p>If you would like to obtain the coordinates of
the mouse
    dgraham>                    click that submitted this request, see the information
below
    dgraham>   +
    dgraham>   +                <p>This tag is only valid when nested inside a form
tag body.</p>

This is a good idea, but perhaps this should be made clearer?  The HTML tag
needs to be inside the HTML form tag, but the Struts tag needs to be inside the
Struts form tag, both for slightly different reasons.

On that subject, wouldn't it be possible to write a tag library validator class
which could verify this?  I've wondered whether some of these hard to
understand errors we get from the framework could be prevented by a tag library
validator class.