struts-dev mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <ced...@apache.org>
Subject Avoid code reformating !
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:09:22 GMT

  Hi everybody,

  Code formating is an ever ending debate. We, as experienced
developers, all have our preferences.  When there is several users as in
Struts, there is a polite rule: do not reformate code of others just
because they don't follow your criteria.
  I have discover such reformating in code that I have written. The
problem is that I don't recognize the code anymore, it takes me more
time to do something, and comparisons tools can't work anymore ;-(
  I don't want to debate about the "right" or the "best" code formating.
I just ask for the respect of each others.
  So, for those having an automatic code formatter, please disable it
when playing with struts code, and resist to the tentation ;-)

      Cedric