struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@covalent.net>
Subject modifying the mapping input path during validation
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:51:27 GMT

i sent the below message to struts-user a couple of days ago. since that
time i tried to address the problem by creating a subclass of
RequestProcessor and overriding the process method. didn't work.

i figured i could make an "unfrozen clone" of the mapping to pass into
processValidate, which would allow my form to set the input path inside
its validate method. unfortunately, there was no clean way to do this; i
didn't want to cut and paste processValidate into my subclass, and there
is no hook within process to allow a subclass to step in and create the
mapping clone.

i wound up having the form set a session attribute which the action then
gets and removes. a grotesque solution to be sure, but the only apparent
alternative was worse.

so the question i put to you folks is: how must struts change to allow
me to modify the mapping's input path inside the form's validate method?
or is there some existing solution that i'm completely missing?

thanks!