struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/struts/config ConfigRuleSet.java
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:08:39 GMT

On 21 Dec 2002 martinc@apache.org wrote:

>   Update to avoid the use of deprecated Digester methods. Some deprecated
>   methods are still used, but their replacements are not yet available in
>   a released version of Digester. We don't want to depend on a new Digester
>   release just for this, so leave them for now.

Actually, our general rule has been that a final release of Struts 1.1
*must* depend on updated final releases of the commons components.  There
are other dependencies already on things that have been fixed in the
nightly commons builds; we should assume that in cases like this.

In the particular case of beanutils and digester, there is movement
towards releases in the short term -- which is why I've been focused on
the outstanding bugs there as well as in Struts itself.

RELEASE MANAGER NOTE - you'll find that I tagged the Commons trees with a
CVS version tag for the betas, so that one can reliably determine which
commons code was included.  I suggest we do the same for b3.

Craig