struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Beta 3 Release Plan
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 02:38:17 GMT

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Rob Leland wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:29:19 -0500
> From: Rob Leland <rleland@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Beta 3 Release Plan
>
> Martin Cooper wrote:
>
> >Just to let folks know, I would then suggest December 21 as the new Code
> >Freeze / Tag Date.
> >

> +1
>
> I just realized that what I suggested went contrary to what Craig and
> other said that they wanted to
> do for new releases, go to an Ant style release numbering., which
> doesn't implies quality.
> Which I am for !

I'm definitely for this approach, but for *after* 1.1 :-).  I think it
would be too confusing to switch styles in the middle of a single release
cycle.

> Instead of a Code freeze I guess I was referring to a feature freeze,
> though we were supposed to be in one
> for several months now. 8 if you count beta 1 release date.

I'm on the road through late Friday night this week, so I won't be able to
review the release plan (or outstanding bugs) in detail until Saturday.
I'll vote on the release plan then.

My experience in for-pay development is that having a firm freeze date
(even one that's out a ways) is a *very* positive motivator to get the
bugs taken care of :-).

> -Rob

Craig