struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using a property of type Map in a DynaActionForm
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:45:23 GMT

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

> Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:18:05 -0800 (PST)
> From: Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Using a property of type Map in a DynaActionForm
>
> As far as I can determine, it is not possible to create a DynaActionForm
> which has a property of type Map. It is also not possible to extend it to
> be able to accept a property of type Map. This seems like an unfortunate
> omission, so I'd like to fix it. First, though, I'd like to get some
> feedback on whether there is a reason it's not currently supported, and on
> the best way of resolving it.

It's *supposed* to work if you declare the property type to be
java.util.Map instead of a concrete implementation of Map.  You'll still
need to create your own Map instance at the moment -- I do mine in a
custom reset() method, but we probably also need a better solution based
on an initial expression.

Craig