struts-dev mailing list archives

From "A Stephen" <stephen.tec...@attbi.com>
Subject Nasty Error when use LookupDispatchAction
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:22:50 GMT
Greetings,

First my applogies for the attention grabing subject.
Used LookupDispatchAction and love, but I ran into a nasty problem
In the example,
The three actions were
1) populating the form with key
    e.g. /edit.do?submit=init&key=10
2) Editing the record
3) Deleting record

Everything works beautifully until you try and mess the query string
for e.g  /edit.do?submit=initchanged&key=10
there is no mapping for initx, hence there is no method name and null is
passed into the
return dispatchMethod(mapping, form, request, response, methodName)
which finally calls getMethod(String name, Class[] parameterTypes)
The end result is that application shuts down with VM error
-------------------HotSpot Error message------------------------------------
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Error ID: 4F533F57494E13120E43505002D4
#
Resin 2.0.5 (built Fri Jan 11 08:29:05 PST 2002)
----

Resolution:
I throw an exception in (LookupDispatchAction) before the dispatchMethod is
called.
How do I submit this change?

Thank you,
-S