struts-dev mailing list archives

From "edgar" <ed...@blue-moose.net>
Subject RE: Resending : Sub Actions in an Action class
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:36:29 GMT
I am not one of the developers of struts but I have found bundling the
actionbuttons in the form bean extremely useful, i.e. in the validator
method (if you are saving your validation is different than if you are
recalculating).  How they get set is a matter of opinion.  You could use
the DynaActions to avoid javascript and then in the action set the
button in the form.   I like javascript to actually set the buttons in
the form because then you can do other user related event driven
actions.

Edgar

-----Original Message-----
From: Bachan S [mailto:bachan_anand@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 4:19 PM
To: 'bachan s'; 'struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org';
'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: 'craigmcc@apache.org'
Subject: Resending : Sub Actions in an Action class

Hi Craig and others,
We plan to use coarse grained action classes in our
application.Basically what we plan to is to do is combine
add,update,delete operation to one Action class.
We have two options .
1.Have 1Action class - 1 JSP - 1 Form Bean approach. This Action class
will handle all operations/button of the particular page. Basically all
button clicks.

2. Combine Add,update , delete etc of related data to a single action
class.

Which one of the two is the best approach.

I have another question .

3.For aboove Options 1 and 2 we would need to handle sub actions in the
Action class .We understand that DispatchAction can be used to handle
this by using reflection.Is there a better approach to do this .
Please give your valuable suggestions .
Thanks and Regards,
Bachan