struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@attws.com>
Subject RE: Unclear semantics on form use for "wizards"
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:22:44 GMT
This may seem far out, but what if the "reset" functionality could be entirely specified in
the "form-bean" element?

For instance, the "reset" element could contain a set of elements named "test", each of which
would have attributes "field" and "value".  The "test" element would have "field" subelements,
which take a "name" attribute, and an optional "value" attribute.

The "reset" and "test" elements would work like a "switch" statement (or if-elseif).  It would
"evaluate" each of the "test" elements, comparing the value of the "field" (which has to be
a "form-property" of the form) with the "value".  If they are equal, then the encapsulated
"field" elements would all be "reset", either to a standard "zero" value for each type, or
to the optional "value" attribute of the "field" element.

The names of these elements and attributes aren't important, but the structure is.  This solution
would require no application-specific subclasses.