struts-dev mailing list archives

From James Turner <tur...@blackbear.com>
Subject Re: Validator 1.0 Release and bug 10868
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:56:26 GMT
At 07:31 PM 10/16/2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> > One bug under Struts that should really be addressed in the base code is
> > the question of specifying alternate resource bundles forms and fields (bug
> > #10868).  As I understand it, this will cause problems for Validator with
> > sub-apps under Struts.  Should I try to tackle it?
> >

>Please do!

Ok, but I can't think of a clean way to handle it.

Here's the issue:

The base Validator doesn't deal with resource bundles (or errors messages
for that matter) at all.  It's the validator Framework that does all that
stuff.  So putting bundle= support into the base Validator DTD for forms
isn't very clean, since it required putting Struts-specific stuff into the
Validator DTD (and adding a bundle property to the Field class)

Any thoughts on how we can implement this in a way that keeps Validator
Struts-neutral?

James