struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Modules vs. Sub-Applications
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:27:11 GMT

Ted Husted wrote:

> As these methods are really not part of the public API, could
> we not just change them now and be done with it?

Some are Public, however I would also vote
+1 to rename them now.

I agree with David and say lets go one intermediate
step and deprecate them
for struts 1.1B3 but to remove them before
the next beta or Release candidate.

That is what I propose to do with the
StrutsValidator & StrutsValidatorUtil
methods.

This would not effect compatability between
1.0 & 1.1 and would give a grace period to people
using the Beta3 or Nightly builds.
If a user tries to upgrade to the final struts 1.1
build, we could always suggest first going to the 1.1B3
removing the deprecation warnings then going to 1.1 final.

-Rob