struts-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: Faster View Components...
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:18:57 GMT
Have you tried using the JSTL?  That's one optimization you could try ...

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/

Look for ... JSTL :-)  You can replace many of the Struts tags with the
JSTL - and the JSTL can be recognized by the container and optimized.
 There's also a new contrib taglib by David M. Karr that (I think)
should soon be available in nightly builds (you can get it out of CVS
now).  This taglib adds the power of the JSTL EL to the Struts tags
(they still won't be optimized like the JSTL would though).

--
Eddie Bush