struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts taglib
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:52:50 GMT

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:49:54 -0700
> From: David Graham <dgraham1980@hotmail.com>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Struts taglib
>
> I agree with Craig.  We shouldn't put any more effort into the taglibs than
> we need to.  I am concerned about enhancing a few of the tags like errors
> and messages because they are struts specific and very useful.

Likewise, there will end up needing to be a few JavaServer Faces
components that are Struts specific (such as a form component that adds
the extra Struts features related to the form bean), but on the whole we
should be able to let people freely choose their view-tier technology just
like we currently let them choose their model-tier technology.  To me, the
core value add of Struts has always been the controller, and there's lots
we can do in that space.

> David

Craig