struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] How should Tiles be refactored?How
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:45:28 GMT

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Ted Husted wrote:

> But for now, if
>
> + each module could use its own attribute to store it Definitions, and
> + we can still specify a list of configuations for each module, and
> + we can specify "contextRelative=True" where appropriate (on an element-by-element basis)
>
> I think we would be good =:0

+1 on this for Struts 1.1.

I'm (slowly but surely) getting sold on some form of cross-module sharing
in 1.2.  If we go that way, it would be much more appropriate for *all*
components of Struts to be consistent with how they do this, in both 1.1
and 1.2.

Cedric, your concerns about reusability really do resonate.  Indeed, this
is one of the things that makes Tiles so popular.  This proposal keeps
that feature for intra-module use (and, indeed, extends it so that Tiles
is useful in non-default modules), and lays the groundwork for solving
cross-module sharing/inheritance/whatever (for all Struts features) in a
coordinated way in the future.  OK?

> -Ted.

Craig