struts-dev mailing list archives

From "James Mitchell" <jmitc...@telocity.com>
Subject [MessageResources] loading bundle from db
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:10:35 GMT
I've got JDBCMessageResources working, but in my attempts to make this more
flexible I've come across a peculiar problem.

I was wondering if there was a reason that the MessageResources
implementations
are not given a reference to MessageResourcesConfig or any other resources
(e.g. Datasources configured through the struts-config).

I could be wrong (after all...its 4AM), but this makes it impossible to pass
any properties configured via set-property in the struts-config.  The only
way I can do this is to use 'parameter' from message-resources.  (I need to
pass more than one parameter)

Am I way off in left field here?

Is it even feasible to change the framework to do something like this:

   <plug-in
className="org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesPlugin">
     <set-property
        property="parameter"
        value="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources"/>
   </plug-in>

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta