struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please guide me about project status
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:53:37 GMT
There's not a functional specification per se. Struts started out as an
abstraction of a working application and evolved from there. The only
real status is that we're in beta 2 for Struts 1.1. We're waiting to
finalize 1.1 before getting distracted with where to go from there =:)

If you'd like to work on a funcational specification, I'm sure we'd all
like to have one.

I've also started a draft of use cases for web application frameworks.
It's Struts-centric, but I tried to get a fresh start and write the
cases broadly enough so that they could be implemented in different ways.

http://husted.com/struts/usecases.html

Right now, most of us seem to be using agile methodologies, so working
more with use cases and unit tests may a better approach that a
conventional functional specification. But, hey, everything helps!

-Ted.

Khurram Mahmood wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have joined the mailing list just two days back and want to take part in development
of the project can anyone help me about the status of the project and about the Functional
specifications of the project. thanking in advance.

--
Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
co-author, Java Web Development with Struts