struts-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@germuska.com>
Subject Re: [NEWSLETTER] July 2002 (draft)
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 16:05:29 GMT
Bill:

The original intent of the Jakarta newsletter is to help those who can't
monitor heavy-traffic developer lists.  So my approach so far has been
to review the archived mail from struts-dev for the month and try to
reconstruct the major developments, occasionally dipping into CVS logs
and such.  The "Other news" at the end was added at the suggestion of
Ted Husted last month, as just a skim from the Struts news page.

I think that various committers maintain the news page as time and
attention allows; if they don't happen to catch something that's
newsworthy, you could probably post a patch to jakarta-
struts/doc/news.xml in Bugzilla.

I guess I'd prefer that you get it in the news page (I'm sure it's just
an oversight that it isn't) and then I can include it in a way which is
comparable to how other third-party tools are mentioned.  I'd feel kind
of bad putting in an explicit blurb about ObjectAssembler and not giving
comparable coverage to Struts Console, Camino, Easy Struts, and
StrutsTestCase.

Joe