struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject Nightly builds and Commons FileUpload
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:18:57 GMT
I have a new Struts file upload implementation that I'll be ready to commit
within the next day or so. It's based on the Commons FileUpload component,
which is currently in the sandbox. I believe this new implementation will
resolve several of the outstanding bugs against Struts file upload.

There are a few issues I'd like to resolve before I commit the new code.

1) I don't want to break the nightly builds by adding a dependency on
FileUpload without the nightly build "knowing" about it up front. Is there a
mechanism for updating the dependencies automatically, or is it just "tell
Craig"? ;-)

2) The FileUpload build in Commons Sandbox is Maven-based. (Nothing to do
with me! :) Do I need to provide a non-Maven build.xml file before this can
be added to the Struts nightly builds?

3) Given two multipart implementations, we need to decide which one should
be the default. I'm tempted to set the new Commons-based implementation as
the default for Beta 2, so that we can obtain the maximum possible exposure
for it, and iron out any wrinkles. I believe this implementation will be
somewhat more robust. On the other hand, I could understand the opinion that
the default should remain unchanged, for compatibility reasons. I'd be
interested in hearing opinions either way.

--
Martin Cooper