struts-dev mailing list archives

From struts-...@japache.org
Subject Re: ActionForm initialization
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:18:18 GMT
Thank you for your thorough response.

Point of clarification: I'm talking about having the data available to some form found in
the view being forwarded to. This is not the form being passed *to* the action. In other words,
the Action sees the query data from the URL that got us to the action. That's great. But the
Action does not really know details about where the is forwarded to.

I just want a convenient way for the ActionForm within the view to be able to reference the
scope object directly. Again, this would lead to less duplicate code. The fact that so many
people have to resort to "PropertyUtils.copyProperties" to copy data shows that this is a
common situation.