struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FormBeans ... as an Interface.
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:47:30 GMT
In Struts 1.1 this can be avoid by using DynaActionForms or map-backed
ActionForms.

This makes the ActionForms much easier to maintain (or even
maintenance-free), without causing the type-conflicts and validation
issues that are endemic once you starting trying to autopopulate a
conventional value object in a non-trivial Web application.

(Really, we've been there and tried that =:0)

-T.

struts-dev@japache.org wrote:
> Your suggestion of having the ActionForm implement some interface is a good one. I'll
do that. I had just hoped to avoid actually implementing a duplicate set of getters and setters
in the ActionForm...