struts-dev mailing list archives

From John Yu <j...@scioworks.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New tag to add prefix to bean name
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:02:09 GMT
Oleg,

The nested tag extension, which I find useful of its own right, solves a
completely different problem.

<nested:nest> helps where you have nested properties. The tag I'm proposing
is simply prefixing an bean name, not property, with a prefix.
--
John

At 12:21 pm 16-01-2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello John,
>
>Take a look to the nested tags -
>
>www.keyboardmonkey.com/struts
>
>Wednesday, January 16, 2002, 10:12:13 AM, you wrote:
>
>JY> Problem:
>
>JY> The 'session' and the 'request' are "global" pools. There is a need to
>JY> manage the namespace of the attributes stored in these pools. In
>JY> particular, when the developers use more of Tiles to componentize the
>JY> software, there is a need to avoid name clash between the including and
>JY> included pages.
>
>JY> Proposal:
>
>JY> Introduce a <bean:prefix prefix="myPrefix"> tag.
>
>JY> Usage:
>
>JY>    <bean:prefix prefix="myPrefix">
>JY>      <bean:write name="person" property="name"/>
>JY>      <bean:write name="account" property="balance"/>
>JY>    </bean:prefix>
>
>JY> is equivalent to
>
>JY>    <bean:write name="myPrefix.person" property="name"/>
>JY>    <bean:write name="myPrefix.account" property="balance"/>
>
>JY> If people think it's useful, I'll do the code and submit the patch.
>
>JY> p.s. Open question: The same mechanism can apply to <html:*> taglibs as
>JY> well. If so, where should this <?:prefix> live?
>

>--
>Best regards,
>  Oleg                            mailto:oalexeev@apache.org
>

>--

John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989
w: http://www.scioworks.com   m: +(65) 9782 9610

Scioworks Camino - "Rapid WebApp Assembly for Struts"