struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forced URL rewriting
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:57:43 GMT
That's the only way you can test to see if cookies are enabled, and
still maintain the session if they are not. There's no handshaking in
HTTP, so the container tries both cookies and URL rewriting on the first
request, and then forgoes URL rewriting if it sees the client took the
cookie.

I imagine that, if you had to, you could work around this using a
redirect or something, to get quickly past the initial request, and make
an independant check for cookies.

-T.

John Yu wrote:
> Btw, there's something I'm not too sure. I suppose if cookie is enabled,
> URL rewrite will not happen. However, on Weblogic, with cookie on, it
> always does URL rewrite after the first login Action. (But the rest pages
> are ok.) That's why we turn off URL rewrite with cookie turned on.
>
> --
> John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
> e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989
> w: http://www.scioworks.com   m: +(65) 9782 9610
>
> Scioworks Camino - "Rapid WebApp Assembly for Struts"
>
> --

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/