struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Proposed Migration to DBCP Based Connection Pool
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:50:01 GMT
I am going to propose that we switch to a connection pool based on the
commons-dbcp (and commons-pool) packages as the "preferred" data source
implementation for Struts 1.1.  The existing implementation already has
equivalent functionality to what org.apache.struts.util.GenericDataSource
covers, and it will shortly have some additional very useful things (such
as caching PreparedStatement instances for reuse).

Towards that end, I'm adding dependencies in the Struts build scripts for
commons-dbcp.jar and commons-pool.jar.  You'll want to update your build
environments to include definitions for these properties.

Craig