struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Forced URL rewriting
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 01:34:24 GMT

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Donnie Hale wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:49:30 -0500
> From: Donnie Hale <donnie@haleonline.net>
> To: Struts Developers List <struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Forced URL rewriting
>
> Craig,
>
> I think the point is that WebLogic meets the spec criteria but, for the
> application in question it was decided to turn off cookie-less support via
> URL rewriting. Thus users of the application must have cookies enabled. That
> doesn't reflect at all on the container's spec compliance, just the choice
> of that particular app development team.

And, of course, it *would* be legal for an *application* to not support
URL rewriting -- which is why it's perfectly legitimate to consider such a
switch on Struts itself.  Even for that purpose, though, I'm inclined
against it -- the reason from the original proposer (security concerns) is
not persuasive to me -- but it's not a spec issue any more.

> Perhaps obvious...
>
> Donnie

Craig