struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18n Forwards
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:25:53 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> Doing something smart (like a browser-detection mechanism) sounds like a
> good case for an application subclass of ActionForward that overrides the
> getPath(Locale) method.  Perhaps we should pass in the current request,
> instead of the Locale, so that the method could get whatever it needed.

+1

And for the record, I don't think any of us want to get into a
browser-detection mechanism, just provide a hook for anything like that
that an application might want to use.

> You mean in the getMessage() method signatures?  It'd be pretty easy to
> add one more overloaded method that takes an array instead.

Yes. People have asked about that several times, but I've never been
sure of the answer. I wondered if it was because we had to use a certain
number of parameters in the bean tags. But we could do both, yes?

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/