struts-dev mailing list archives

From Cedric Dumoulin <cedric.dumou...@lifl.fr>
Subject Re: Future Struts releases
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:05:01 GMT

  Hi,

 For Tiles point of view,  I also agree for independent packages. But, I think it
is interesting to let a simple example shipped with Struts and showing Tiles and
Struts integration. This example should be simplest than the actual one.

  In fact, Tiles and Struts can run independently but combining both give really
more power than the simplest sum. An example is the ability for a Struts action to
forward to a Tile definition.

  Does Tiles should be propose to Taglibs ? I think so. Also, I have to discuss
with David Geary about the future of its proposal and Tiles. As David and me are
both expert for JSR-052, we will certainly propose a common solution for
templates/components/tiles.

  Cedric