struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future Struts releases
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:16:17 GMT
I like the idea of changing the DTD to use a different root elements,
and thereby accept multiple <struts-config> elements. But don't think we
should get into that for 1.1 now.

I'm also hesitant to to commit to an approach to multiple Struts-config
until we have changed the DTD, and had this solution out in the field a
little longer.

How about if we offer an alternative standard ActionServlet that offers
this patch by overriding initMap?

This will help get it out there, while we finish the job on the DTD.

If any unforeseen problems surface, people can just switch batch and
paste their configs back together.

AFAIK, whatever there may be to do is in Bugzilla or on the TODO list.

So, are you still thinking about taking the Console open source?

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/