struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David Corbin" <dcor...@imperitek.com>
Subject Nightly Build - Digester Method Not Found Exception
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 13:55:02 GMT
I'm not an active developer of struts (as you probably know), and I've only
been using it for about 3 months. But, I need a feature that is "post 1.0",
so I figured I'd try the Nightly Build.  I downloaded and installed the 11/3
build and encounterd a problem:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getReader(Digester.java:527)
    	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1206)
    	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initMapping(ActionServlet.java:1274)
    	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:461)

1) I assumed that for nightly build related problems, I should raise the
question on this list, rather than the struts-user list.  Is that correct?
My appologies, if it isn't

2) Is this problem...
    a) "oops - that's not good build problem"?  What's a reasonably stable
recent build?
    b) a configuration problem of some type on my side?  perhaps something
specifically related to to the 1.0 to Nightly upgrade?
    c) something else?  Suggestions?

Thanks
David Corbin