struts-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nathan.co...@levelseas.com>
Subject RE: Commons BeanUtils with Struts 1.0 (was RE: PropertyUtils.getI ndex edProperty() with Obect key as parameter)
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:29:38 GMT
Hi all,

I agree with the idea of an interim release, we have a production site
running on 1.0 + indexed tags + various patches.  The powers that be have
decreed that we shouldn't use a non-release build (although that's what we
effectively have with all the patches :)  If it's going to be a while till
1.1 it'd be useful for us to have a release quality build in the interim.  I
appreciate there is extra effort / time involved in doing a formal release
so I wont hold my breath.

BTW thanks to the struts team, struts has saved us a huge amount of time.
It does exactly what a decent framework should do - handles all the generic
technology problems and leaves us to get on with solving our business
problems.

Cheers Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rey Francois [mailto:Francois.Rey@capco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 11:13 AM
To: 'struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Commons BeanUtils with Struts 1.0 (was RE:
PropertyUtils.getIndex edProperty() with Obect key as parameter)

Dimitri,

I'm not sure what would be the best way to use the common BeanUtils with
Struts 1.0. I suppose your suggestion will work, but you'll have to change
many java file in order to change the imports. If your project is not going
into production until later, it may be easier to take the struts nightly
build which already uses the commons stuff. By the time you need to get into
production, struts 1.1 may be out. I have no idea when this will be though.

The real issue here is that 1.1 has a large scope, meaning that
unfortunately new and simpler features implemented in the commons beanutils
will not be available until much later. It would be nice to have an
intermediate release that just integrates with the commons stuff (beanutils
+ digester).

Can anybody else here make suggestions - Ted, Craig ?

Fr.