struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Rullo" <rru...@mindspring.com>
Subject Forwarding Actions onto other Actions
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:30:08 GMT
This is my first posting to the dev board so bare with me.

>From what I've seen in looking in the ActionServlet code it appears that
everytime a action is called the form instance for that action is placed
into the mapping.getScope( ).  Shouldn't there be a check before to see if
the ActionForm is already in the scope?  Reason being that one action could
make some modifications to a form instance and then forward it to another
action that will make more changes to the form instance.  Basically my
problem is that if two actions having the same form instance are called in
the same request the form instance stored in the request will always be
overridden by the last action.

I propose that we should do a check before each action to determine if the
form already exists in the desired scope.  If so, use the scoped instance,
if not, build the form instance off of the request parameters as it is now.

If this was by design, could someone shed some light to why?

Thank you for your help,
-Bob