struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 1.1 To-Do - RowSets
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:44:15 GMT

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> (Note to self -- check the redistribution terms
> on the Sun CachedRowSet implementation).

Grumble grumble ... as I suspected, it's an "evaluation only" license
because it's early access.

In the short term, it might make sense for somebody to write a
javax.sql.RowSet implementation for a "read only" RowSet.  Looking at the
APIs, it doesn't seem like this would be terribly difficult to do -- just
throw an exception for all of the operations that modify the existing
data.

Since this would be a general purpose gadget, it probably belongs in the
"collections" package under jakarta-commons, rather than in Struts.  Any
volunteers?

Craig