struts-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: Digester/BeanUtils weirdness?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 01:32:36 GMT

> Not sure if this is your problem, but I had an issue with the wrong
> descriptor being returned for a bean.
> Check out the bug report.
> Hope this helps.

As it turns out, I have solved my problem. When the BeanUtils.populate()
method was called, it loaded a class that wanted to link to another class
that was not available in the CLASSPATH on the app. server environment (I
have deployed different JAR files). Once I fixed the deployments,
everything was fine.

I guess the real problem here is that the ClassNotFoundException was not
being propagated all the way to outside the Digester. I might go back to
the code and see if I can submit a patch that exposes the root cause of
failures in a better fashion.

James W.

View raw message