struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject Re: question about processPath() line item in ActionServlet
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 18:09:24 GMT
No, what's there is correct. What this code is doing is stripping off the
extension if extension mapping is being used. So if the path started out as:

/foo/bar/baz.do

the end result would be:

/foo/bar/baz

The test for (period > slash) ensures that the period really indicates an
extension, and we don't trip over something like:

/foo.bar/baz

by stripping off everything after the period.

--
Martin Cooper