struts-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Young <a...@getcare.com>
Subject Re: Preloading Forms
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:34:07 GMT
If I were to implmenet what you suggest below, I would need to be able
to chain actions.
Basically we are implmenting the wizard type setup

search->search results->page1->page2 etc.

So search results would go to page1Show.do page1Show.do would forward to
page1.jsp?  That would work.

To address the flexibility, there are two ways.  One, use a different
name for the prefilledform than for the non prefilled form.  Two have a
flad in the action entry that specifies whether to use the factory or not.

The more I think about it, the more I think the showAction specified
below is the way to go.  Keeps it simple.