struts-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: /contrib
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2001 21:24:20 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> Following this philosophy, we'd create a new tag (perhaps
> "new and improved" error messages object.

The Validator package actually includes a general messages tag, which
isn't much different from its errors tag.

So maybe we should just add that one, and have it start by using the
default ERRORS key. I believe people could then also use it for other
messages just by specifying a different id property, and a different
header or footer, if desired. I think all we would have to do is add an
optional "property" property to messages and messagesExist.

< http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/jsptags.html >

-Ted.