struts-dev mailing list archives

From O'Reilly John <john.orei...@traventec.com>
Subject Redirecting to login page
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:31:40 GMT
Hi,
I have overridden the processActionPerform method to cause the user to be
redirected to a login page if they are entering a "closed" area and have not
previously loggged in.  The code below shows my initial attempt.  What is
the accepted way of doing this?  I assume there must be a cleaner way.

      boolean isClosedArea = portalMapping.getIsClosedArea();

      String userName = (String)session.getAttribute("USERNAME");

      if ( isClosedArea  && (userName == null || userName == "") )
      {
        // store requestPath so that we can use it when log in is successful
        session.setAttribute("REQUEST_PATH", mapping.getPath());

        return new ActionForward("/loginpage.do");
      }
      else
      {
        // If REQUEST_PATH is set, then this action was dynamically inserted
before
        // original request.  Make sure we redirect to original request when
        // action completes.
        String  requestPath=(String)session.getAttribute("REQUEST_PATH");
        if ( requestPath != null && requestPath != "" )
        {
          session.setAttribute("REQUEST_PATH", "");

          super.processActionPerform(action,mapping, formInstance, request,
response);
          return new RedirectingActionForward(requestPath + ".do");
        }

        return super.processActionPerform(action,mapping, formInstance,
request, response);
      }

Thanks,

John O'Reilly