struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject BeanUtils methods disappeared?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:19:41 GMT
Hi,

While trying to port Cedric Dumoulin's Components library to the latest
(5/6/2001) Struts, I've found a few BeanUtils methods have vanished. In
particular:

BeanUtils.filter(value);
BeanUtils.getScalarProperty(bean, property);

Having a poke in the Struts source, it seems:
 - the filter() method has been moved to ResponseUtils.
 - the get*Property methods have vanished, with no replacement even in
   jakarta-commons/beanutils.

The relevant CVS log where all these changes happened is:

% cvs log src/share/org/apache/struts/util/BeanUtils.java
..
----------------------------
revision 1.28
date: 2001/05/20 01:18:27;  author: craigmcc;  state: Exp;  lines: +47 -83
branches:  1.28.2;
Update to the current versions from the Commons Beanutils project.  After
Struts 1.0 final, Struts will be modified to use the Commons packages
directly.  This update also fixes two outstanding bug reports:

PR: Bugzilla #1200 - access to public methods defined in nested interfaces
Submitted by:   Rashid Desai <rashiddesai@hotmail.com>

PR: Bugzilla #1785 - misleading exception when "bean" is null
Submitted by:  Stephen Breeser <stephen_breeser@yahoo.com>
..

Can I conclude that the loss of get*Property methods is unintentional, and they
should be added to jakarta-commons' BeanUtils, or should I start coding around
it?

thanks,

--Jeff