struts-dev mailing list archives

From Suha...@NIIT.com
Subject RE: Hyper-Link..
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 06:27:36 GMT
We have a central javascript exit function to which we pass an argument and
based on the argument it submits forms with the action of the form decided
based on the argument received. All the href clicks also submit a form and
the exit function sets a value in the form before submitting it to help the
servlet identify which href was clicked.The action for such forms is also
set based on the argument passed to the exit fucntion. Here is some sample
code.

<%@ taglib uri="someuri" prefix="t" %>

<script>
	function formSubmit(myAction) {
		document.f1.action = myAction;
		document.f1.submit() ;
	}
</script>

<t:form name="f1" method="post">
<t:a href="formSubmit('/validate/insert.forward?mode=browse1')">Example on
Inserting Values in the database</t:a><br>
<t:a href="formSubmit('/validate/retrieve.forward?mode=browse')">Example on
reterieving values</t:a><br>
<t:a href="formSubmit('/validate/course.forward?mode=browse')">Example on
Combo Box</t:a>
</t:form>