struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Hackett" <mhack...@pictorius.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Struts Unit Test Guidelines
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:16:38 GMT
> From: Colin Sampaleanu <colin@brightspark.com>
>
> Are you sure you don't mean that the usual convention for JUnit is to
use
> 'Test' as a suffix? If you look at the documentation on junit.org, a
number
> of examples use 'Test' as a suffix on the classname. [...]

Well, what do you know! I guess I misremembered, or the people here were
doing it wrong. (I haven't looked at JUnit in about a year, but recently
came across some test code here that used the prefix convention.) I
wonder if that was always the case, or whether they changed it later.

Whatever the case, if that's the convention, and it actually matches
with the other convention of using nouns for class names, then I would
vote in favour of the suffix form for class names (though prefix form
for method names, since they should be verbs).

--
Michael Hackett
Developer, Pictorius Inc.