struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Cook, Levi" <levi.c...@kraft.com>
Subject RE: struts-config_1_0.dtd location when not connected to internet
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:22:47 GMT
Does using the local DTD require the DOCTYPE declaration to be modified??

Thanks in advance,
Levi Cook

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 11:19 AM
To: Struts-Dev@Jakarta. Apache. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Re: struts-config_1_0.dtd location when not connected to
internet

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Young, Wayne wrote:

> I'm trying to run my struts application disconnected from the internet.
>
> When I try to start Tomcat 3.2 in JBuilder4, it is unable to find the
> struts-config_1_0.dtd in the location below and won't load the action
> servlet. (as expected)
> <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
>           "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration
1.0//EN"
>           "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">

Struts registers a local copy of the DTD for this (and for the web.xml
DTDs as well) at a path that should be in the struts.jar file:

	/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd

which is then accessed via this.getClass().getResource().  If there is
something wierd about the classloader inside JBuilder4, it might have
problems with this -- I've successfully run Struts in detached mode on
Tomcat 3.2 stand alone.

Craig