struts-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Struts and WebSphere Appserver 3.5.2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:19:42 GMT
I've spent most of this afternoon getting a struts app to work on WebSphere
3.5.2.

The bottom line is that even under "Servlet 2.2/JSP 1.1 Compliance mode".
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream() will fail and return null.

I've worked around this getServletContext().getRealPath() and this works. I
will try to raise this through our official IBM channels.

The relevant section of the servlet spec appears to be 4.4.

Can anyone else (Craig?) confirm that this is indeed a bug in the
container, and getResource or getResourceAsStream are required for 2.2
compliance?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au