struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Oldeboershuis, outermedia" <...@outermedia.de>
Subject Multipart data
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 20:57:14 GMT
"Schachter, Michael" schrieb:

> Scott,
>
>  I just committed a change to MultipartIterator that reports errors with
> multipart request data better, please keep me posted on the nature of your
> problem

We are using struts for multipart/form data. In the action we save the
file and forward to another action via return mapping.findForward().
Then we get the error that there is no multipart/formdate in the
request.

I guess that the first Action causes the MultiPartHandler to "remove"
the data from the request and then, after the forward, the ActionServlet
tries again to get the multipart  data.

The file is after saved correctly, but during the forward the following
exception is thrown:

javax.servlet.ServletException: MultipartIterator: no multipart request
data sent
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.parseRequest(MultipartIterator.java:283)
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.(MultipartIterator.java:114)
        at
org.apache.struts.upload.DiskMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(DiskMultipartRequestHandler.java:52)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:296)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.java:1802)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1413)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:481)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:387)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:371)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:191)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionForward(ActionServlet.java:1589)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1432)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:481)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:387)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:371)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:786)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:732)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:407)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

We are not giving any other parameter, so I guess only the default
values are used.

Any help or hint for another configuration would be apreciated.

thanks in advance!
	simon