struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Schachter, Michael" <MSchach...@Bluestone.com>
Subject RE: BugRat Report #375 has been filed.
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:32:38 GMT
 I just commited the change to BeanUtils, I misread an earlier email a few
days ago and thought that the change was already committed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Incze Lajos
To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: 11/13/00 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: BugRat Report #375 has been filed.

I was wrong in stating that "Browsers don't allways send a content
type header..." etc. The simple case is that we have a HTTP GET
request there: if there is no content, theres is no content type,
either. So, the referenced code at BeanUtils.populate:634 is simply
buggy, it must test if content type header was null.
                                                              incze

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 01:50:04AM +0100, Incze Lajos wrote:
> > Synopsis:
> > Struts 1.0 nightly build 20001013 exception testing example
"Register with the MailrReader"

> > When accessing the  /struts-example/editRegistration.do
> > (Register with the MailReader link) action I get the
> > following error:
> >
> > Internal Servlet Error:
> > va.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:634)
> >         at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.

> Etc. Browsers don't allways send a content type header. The referred
line
> check with 'request.getContentType( ).startsWith( "..." )' /it's from
heart,
> I don't have the code at hand/. I don't know that tomcat should set
the
> content type or not if the browser doesn't set one - but this code is
not
> safe, anyway.
incze