struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Collaboration
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:37:28 GMT
Didier Girard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to collaborate by improving certain
> features of Struts. What is the process ?
>
> didier

Hello Didier,

The basic process is outlined in the "Get Involved" pages of the Jakarta
web site <http://jakarta.apache.org>.  In simple terms, you can propose
changes (in the form of ideas and/or patches and/or new modules) on the
STRUTS-DEV list.  If the community accepts them, one of the committers
will add your changes to the code base.

Over time, as it becomes obvious that your input is valuable, you can
get nominated as a committer on the project, and (after a successful
vote by the other committers) gain write access to the CVS repository
yourself.

We welcome your suggested improvements!

Craig McClanahan