struts-dev mailing list archives

From Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>
Subject Re: BugRat Report #375 has been filed.
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:50:04 GMT
> Synopsis:
> Struts 1.0 nightly build 20001013 exception testing example "Register with the MailrReader"

> When accessing the  /struts-example/editRegistration.do
> (Register with the MailReader link) action I get the
> following error:
>
> Internal Servlet Error:
> va.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:634)
>         at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processPopulate(ActionServlet.

Etc. Browsers don't allways send a content type header. The referred line
check with 'request.getContentType( ).startsWith( "..." )' /it's from heart,
I don't have the code at hand/. I don't know that tomcat should set the
content type or not if the browser doesn't set one - but this code is not
safe, anyway.                                                       incze