struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Schachter, Michael" <MSchach...@Bluestone.com>
Subject RE: Volunteer: Multipart Requests
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:23:58 GMT
whoops.  There's one more thing I should have added to the "TODO"
section.  I defined a mechanism for rolling back and automatically
cleaning up handler data through a "rollback" and "finish" method in the
MultipartRequestHandler interface, but as of yet this is not implemented
in ActionServet/ActionForm.  The struts ActionForm developer will have
to call on these methods on their own in a validate() method or a
perform() method possibly.  In the future I'd like to tie this in with
maybe ValidatingActionForm or something like that to make it automatic.
I'm not sure exactly how to go about it.  Suggestions will be
appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Schachter, Michael
To: 'struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Sent: 10/11/00 2:17 PM
Subject: Volunteer: Multipart Requests

Last week I volunteered for creating a mechanism for handling multipart
forms.  Attached is a zip file with the changes necessary to be made to
allow for this.  Please view "FileUpload_changeLog.txt" inside the
archive
for more information on how to implement this.

Basically what I've done is created a few interfaces and changed/added
some
internal BeanUtils and ActionServlet/Mapping code to allow for
transparent
multipart form handling on the struts developer side.  It's also pretty
configurable and flexible enough that anyone can create their own
MultipartRequestHandler and plug it into struts through web.xml or
action.xml.  It also allows for separate MultipartRequestHandler's for
each
action specified in action.xml.

 <<multipart.zip>>